Mint Skater Skirt & Ted Baker London Floral Clutch

Good morning and happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend, and that you were able to spend time with your dad and loved ones for Father's Day.  Even though it's raining again here in Seattle, today I want to talk about a summer outfit that I wore a few weeks ago out for my boyfriend's birthday dinner (when it was sunny and warm).  I've been obsessed with this type of bandage skater skirt since seeing both a white and a mint version on the always gorgeous Annie over at Stylish Petite.  This type of high-waist flared skirt is hands down my favorite type of skirt, and I purchased both mint and coral as two versatile summer colors.  I've already styled the coral version with chambray and cork wedges here, and today's outfit is another great summer option.  I paired this mint skater skirt with a neutral crop top, pointy-toe bow pumps, a skinny bow belt, and a floral Ted Baker clutch I recently picked up from Nordstrom.  I wanted a summer clutch to dress up for weddings and events, and this one is going to be perfect.  I also like that the combination of this crop top + high-waist skirt allows just a smidge of bare skin and keeps the outfit age-appropriate.  I think this combo works well for a number of summer occasions such as a rooftop or garden party, happy hour, or a dinner date outside on a summer evening.




Skirt: Gabrielle Rocha "Sophey" in mint, $62.99 (on sale!) at Zappos here + see all colors here
Crop Top: Astr "Textured Foil Crop Top" in blush, $38 at Nordstrom here
Clutch: Ted Baker London "Floral Clutch" in nude pink (no longer available online), alternate color powder blue "Cubist Floral Clutch," $125 at Nordstrom here
Pumps: Charles & Keith (purchased in Shanghai), but I'm loving the Halogen "Lila Studded Bow Pointy Toe Pump" in nude, $99.95 at Nordstrom here
Belt: Another Line (no longer available online), similar Hinge "Skinny Bow Belt" in cream egret, $28 at Nordstrom here 
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry" in gold, $250 at Nieman Marcus here

Skater skirts in pastel colors are perfect for summer, no matter what type of top you pair them with.  Check out my picks for skater skirts below, at $50.99 and under:


Left: BCNU "Floral Print Organza Skirt" in blue/yellow floral, $38 at Nordstrom here
Middle: Gabriella Rocha "Hannah Skater Skirt" in blue (love the sporty honeycomb mesh top later, also available in ivory), $50.99 (on sale!) at Zappos here
Right: Honey Punch "Contrast Bandage Fit and Flare Cut Skater Skirt" in pink (looks exactly like mine), $47.90 (on sale!) at Amazon here

I also found strapless dress versions of my skater skirt and a look-alike, if a dress is more your style:


Left: Gabriella Rocha "Lorene Dress" in mint (available in 5 other colors), $79 at Zappos here

 Right: Honey Punch "Strapless Sweetheart Neckline Fit and Flare Bandage Dress" in red, $67.90 at Amazon here

How would you style a skater skirt this summer?  Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts