Flared Denim

Hello and happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I reserved this weekend for much-needed rest and catch-up tasks after a busy month of travel.  My catch-up tasks included doing laundry, cleaning the house, restocking some essential household items, and some retail therapy.  I wore this outfit Saturday afternoon for my shopping rounds, and felt like the retro vibe of this look channeled my inner Farrah Fawcett.  The casual, effortless combo of flared denim, a silk blouse, a long cardigan, and comfy heels was perfect for an afternoon of shopping.  All I was missing was those perfect Farrah Fawcett feathered curls!  Next time...

Denim: J Brand "Lovestory" Jeans (old), check out the current "aura" color, $185 at Barneys New York here
Blouse: "Zip-Pocket Top" in white, $69.99 (on sale!) at Banana Republic here
Sweater: Kersh (old), similar "Classic Merino Long Cardigan" in heather sandstone, $89.50 at J Crew here 
Pumps: Tahari (no longer available online), similar BCBG Max Azria "Dromka" Pump in beige, $74.95 at DSW here 
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs "Henry" in gold, $250 at Piperlime here
Rings & Necklaces: Baublebar & Forever 21 (old)
Tote: Prada "Saffiano Lux Small Tote" in navy, see available colors at Saks Fifth Avenue here





These J Brand "Lovestory" flares are a closet staple for me, and I humbly believe that a good fitting pair of flared jeans are closet staple for any fashionista.  I love how this style makes legs look super long!  I have a high-waisted lighter wash pair of flared denim on my spring shopping list for more of a 70's summery look.  Check out my picks for flared denim below:


Left: "Georgia Flare Jean" in bright light broken twill (loving this high-waist style!), $225 at 7 For All Mankind here
Middle: "1969 Long & Lean Jeans" in medium wash (such a great pricepoint!), $69.95 at Gap here
Right: Paige Denim "Skyline Bootcut Jean" in alexis (this deep blue color is my fav), $169 at Nordstrom here

What is your favorite way to style flared denim for spring?  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts