Spring Florals

Hello and happy Tuesday!  We had a great weekend here in Seattle with our Seahawks winning the Superbowl, Sunday night turned into a huge party in the city, and everyone has been in the best of moods.  I probably should be posting a green and blue outfit today, but I took these photos a few weeks ago when the weather was fairly warm (in the 40's) and sunny.  I know it's a little ambitious to be wearing a floral maxi dress in February, but the sunny days make me eagerly look forward to spring.  What is the first thing most people think of when they think of spring?  Flowers, of course!  One of the top trends for spring 2014 is romantic florals, and my favorite designs contain soft colors, delicate fabrics, and prints that look hand-painted.  The dress I am wearing today is actually from Zara's 2013 summer collection, but I never got around to blogging it until now and it fits right into the romantic floral trend.  In order to keep a winter vibe to this delicate floral maxi dress, I added a leather jacket and ankle boots in rich chocolate brown.  You might notice that these boots look almost exactly like the Rag & Bone "Newbury," and you would be right.  These Arturo Chiangs are a bit darker and smoother than the brown leather Newbury, but these look-alikes had a much more compelling pricepoint of $139.95.  I had been looking for a pair of ankle boots to match my leather jacket and for that price I was sold!  Amazon still has a few sizes in stock, so definitely check out my link below.

Dress: Zara (old)
Jacket: Cynthia Steffe via Nordstrom Rack, check out the budget-friendly BB Dakota "Betsey Jacket" in dark brown, $88 at Shopbop here
Boots: Arturo Chiang "Sangia" in brown, $139.95 at Amazon here 
Sunglasses: Kate Spade "Lulu" in Tortoise Gold/Brown Gradient, $85.06 (38% off!) at Amazon here 
Clutch: Nordstrom (no longer available), but I am loving this "Colorblock Leather Pouch" in red sand (also available in mint seaglass), $49.50 at J Crew here
Necklaces: Nadri "Boxed Arrow Pendant Necklace" in gold-clear crystal, $48 at Nordstrom (exclusive) here and "Gold Initial Letter Pendant," $30 at Baublebar here






I really like the contrast of a delicate dress and a tougher piece like a leather jacket, a combo that can be worn from now through spring (or summer if you live in the PNW).  Check out my picks for romantic floral maxi dresses that are perfect for this pairing, all under $150:


Left: June & Hudson "Embroidered Maxi Dress" in blush (love the subtle flowers on this one), $88 at Nordstrom here
Middle: "First Kiss Dress" in cream combo (also available in 2 other colors), $148 at Free People here
Right: Little Mistress "Printed Bandeau Maxi Dress" in monochrome floral, $120.37 (on sale!) at Asos here

How would you style a maxi dress for the winter to spring transition?  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts