Fifty Shades of Gold






Top:  DVF (old), I love this "Collared Ruffle-Front Blouse" in twinkling gold at New York & Co here
Sweater:  Sparrow via Anthropologie (old), similar "Grosgrain Button Cardigan" in gold orchid at Banana Republic here
Denim:  J Brand "Lovestory" flares, dark vintage wash for $218 at Shopbop here or most sizes on sale for $97 at the Outnet here
Boots:  Zigi Soho via Nordstrom Rack
Necklace & Bracelet:  Banana Republic Outlet, Watch:  Michael Kors, Ring: H&M

I feel like I am wearing fifty shades of gold today!  Ok, maybe not fifty...but I had to make a pun off of those popular books that I still need to find time to read.  ;)  There are quite a few gold tones covered in this outfit between my marled gold knit sweater, yellow and gold tie-dye top, gold jewelry, gold watch, dark gold suede boots, and the blonde highlights in my hair!  I love wearing shades of gold during fall, when the maple leaves are also turning the same color and starting to cover the ground.  I feel like this color brings an extra warmth and glow to any chilly evening as we continue to lose minutes of daylight each day.

There are plenty of options available if you want to incorporate shades of gold into your wardrobe - I chose to focus on pieces in work-appropriate tones and textures for this particular post.  There could be an entire additional post about glitzy, glam party picks, but we'll leave that for another day.  Check out my favorite gold dresses, pants, and sweaters this season below - I want them all!

Dresses

 Left:  Sparrow "Shyle Sweater Shift" in dark yellow, $138 at Anthropologie here
Right:  "Roadside Poppy" dress, $54.99 at Modcloth here

Pants


Left:  Joe's Jeans "The Skinny" coated jeans in gold rock, $189 at Shopbop here
Right:  Sanctuary "Charmer" corduroy pants in mustard gold, $99.50 (on sale!) at Piperlime here

Sweaters


Left:  "Elbow-Sleeved Ribbed Cable Sweater" in gold orchid, $59.50 at Banana Republic here
Right:  Merona "Women's Ultimate Shell Sweater" in gold, $19.99 at Target here

I hope that this post gets you thinking about adding warm gold shades to your closet this fall, especially if it is not a color that you normally wear.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tasha! I loved reading your fall shoe picks on your blog too! =)

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog.. you've got a great sense of style, I'm really digging it :)

    Kate
    http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! I really appreciate it and I really like your work outfit ideas on your blog too! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts