Rainbow Bright Accents




Top:  JCrew navy/white striped open cardigan (old), similar at Loehmann's here or Old Navy here
Blouse:  BCBG (old), similar at Loft (on sale and available in petite!) here 
Jeans:  Joe's Skinny Visionaire, on sale at 6pm here
Yellow Shoes:  Nine West Clarence flats, no longer available but I'm loving the Nine West Opensesame penny loafer style in yellow here
Yellow Belt:  Old Navy, no longer available but I found one at TopShop here
Green Shoes:  Marco Santi "Austin" wedge from Sole Society here
Green Belt:  Forever21, no longer available but I like the color of this Cole Haan one at Zappos here 

 Today I decided to show you how I mix and match one of my go-to outfits for work.  The base elements of this outfit are dark skinny jeans, my favorite white sleeveless blouse, and a lightweight striped open cardigan.  When I wear this outfit, I can change it up each time by mixing in a different, brightly colored shoe and belt combination.  Above I show you two options:  yellow (what I wore today) and green.  This outfit would work equally well with a bright red or blue shoe/belt combo, or even hot pink?  You could do any color of the rainbow!

The great thing about matching shoes and belts is that you do not have to be exact - these two pieces are far enough away from each other on your body that no one will notice if the shades or textures are a little different.  Here are a couple more bright shoe/belt combos to give you some more ideas:

Belt:  Forever21 Lacquered Buckle Waist belt here
Shoes:  Report Watson flat here 




Belt:  Loft Colorblocked Skinny belt here
Shoes:  Corso Como Glau flat here

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to change up your own outfits with rainbow bright belts and shoes to keep things fresh.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. That's right! The belt and shoes are far enough so people won't think its all matchy-match. :)

    I'm working on some makeup tutorials so hopefully i can post those up soon for close-ups on my eyes. ;)

    xo - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome - I can't wait to see Sheila! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world and leaving a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular Posts